Back by popular demand we have enough podcast to cover 10 important pearls about a particular topic and this one comes from a recently published BMJ article covering Clostridioides difficile (formerly known as Clostridium difficile).
You can find the full #FOAMed (Free and Open Access Medical Education) clinical review article here at the BMJ's website titled "Clostridioides difficile: diagnosis and treatments" and with the lead author of Benoit Guery.
1. Fulminant life-threatening colitis is rare but serious.
2. Keep recurrence in the differential.
3. Asymptomatic colonization does exist.
4. Consider the possibility of community-acquired infection.
5. When to test:
6. Do NOT test:
7. Only test unformed stools.
8. Do NOT perform test of cure after treatment.
9. Treat with vancomycin or fidaxomicin in mild and severe disease.
10. If recurrent disease off fecal transplantation.
Let us know what you think by giving us feedback here in the comments section or contacting us on Twitter or Facebook. Remember to look us up on Libsyn and on iTunes. If you have any questions you can also comment below, email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or send a message from the page. We hope to talk to everyone again soon. Until then, continue to provide total care everywhere.
Libsyn and iTunes